• “I will always push to have ATSPACE on my future projects which is no small part due to your team and especially to Keith. Hope to work with you in the future.”

    Mark Jenner
  • “Jack, I’m extremely impressed, both with your enviable service as well as with you and your colleagues! Help and advice is always a phone call away. Looking forward to working with you on our next development.”

    Ellie Chapman
  • “We have worked with ATSPACE for over three years and have received excellent levels of service. The team is always available at the end of a phone for advice and recommendations and always demonstrate a can-do attitude.”

    Barry Watson
knowledge base

Sound Testing

Unless your dwelling is completely detached, or built to Robust Details standard, you will need to comply with Part E of the Buildings Regulations by undertaking a Sound Test. These regulations apply to new builds, refurbishments and conversions.

This test will measure the output of sound from a particular dwelling as well as taking into consideration the amount of noise and vibrations entering the building from external sources such as railways or airports.

Sound testing is carried out to ensure that you can demonstrate acceptable levels of sound insulation for your dwelling. This includes party wall and floor insulation which must be tested to make sure they comply with all relevant criteria.

Depending on your project or build you may have to comply with BREEAM testing which will assess the environmental performance of both new and existing builds to ensure compliance with the relevant criteria.

Have we missed anything?

If you feel we should include something please give us a call on 0800 917 8922